Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"D" day approacheth (departure date)

Wow! Why does it seem that time speeds up when a deadline approaches? Today Jessi and I painted drawers and more cabinets. I just couldn't stand not painting the cabinets in the laundry room - I should have done it a long time ago! Murilo connected a water line to the new frig so Linda will now be able to use the ice maker. The rest of the days was spent cleaning and packing AND eating dinner with George and Mary.

Tomorrow, more cleaning and packing and Zizou has one last visit to the vet for his required health certificates (can't leave the country without them). Jess has one last visit with Kim - one of the first things we will do upon arrival is hunt down a good acupuncturist!!

Wednesday, we travel to Bend to ship all of our boxes to Germany. Murilo gets a great discount with Fed Ex!! In the afternoon, Jess takes her driving exam - don't ask me why she waited until we are leaving to get this done!! And, then dinner with Pedro and Janet and moving over to Lorene's.

Thursday, the carpets will be cleaned at 9 am so everything must be off the floors!!

Friday, Linda moves in and we head off to Portland. I think we will make it!

We fly out of Portland on Sunday.

I promise to post pictures of the new paint job on our house - I wanted to show a sequence from when I moved in to when I painted it the first time and then all of the work we've had done in the last two years - dramatic changes!

1 comment:

Colafina said...

Hóóómi du céu! Isso é uma odisséia! Deu uma canseira só de ler, vou ali tirar um cochilo, depois eu volto prá ver como estão as coisas...
Um abração... (uuuhhhh) do Alex... (uuuhAAAAAAA)!!!