This is the view from where I sit writing report card comments!To be fair, we had a very long day yesterday in Frankfurt. We left the house at 9am and met Kendal (Judy Sweeney's niece) at the train station. We went on a walking tour of Frankfurt that was very cool - http://frankfurt-on-foot-cityguide.blogspot.com/
However, our guide was a bit annoying. He was originally from Texas but has lived here in Germany for 25 years. He made a couple of comments that sounded very anti-Semitic which, of course, totally pissed Murilo off. The guy fumbled around and re-explained what he meant to say, I patted Murilo on the back to calm him down, and we moved on. Afterwards, our guide was much more careful how he worded things pertaining to Jewish people. What can you expect from someone who introduces himself as Hando?!
Neither Kendal nor I had our cameras - dang it!
Right on this corner, I found 52 people with the same last name - whole families wiped out. It was very sobering. I look forward to returning and actually going through the museum as it wasn't part of our tour.
Back to our long day - we stopped at the mall on the way home to get new printer cartridges and grasshoppers for school. The day to day needs of life never stop. We ended up getting home around 7pm - utterly exhausted from the heat and walking and finally eating!
2 comments:
Cansadinho nada, o fôfo ainda tá curando a ressaca! Ressaca da braba!!!
Hi, I sent you an email a few weeks ago. I hope that you received it.
Thanks, Jo, from Frankfurt on Foot
Post a Comment