Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Medieval Faire

Here are some photos from last weekend in Eppstein (courtesy of my colleague, Lynn - I told her I'd give her photo credits!) :)

The first photo shows the gentlemen from whom we purchased schnapps! I bought apricot, pear, and honey - the honey is the best! He and his wife fell in love with Zizou :) Then we bought wine from a wine maker - I bought honey wine (mead?). Yummy!!


View of the castle from the village of Eppstein.















The old cemetery in Eppstein.










The ol' roasting of the wild boar! We bought a plate of pork and it was very good.







Me and Zizou - that is water (it was very hot that day). Notice the cool Medieval hair ornament I purchased :)

No comments: