Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween

WOW! I can't believe it has been a month since I've written anything and it is already Halloween! Every year, the school has a huge Halloween party put on by the parent volunteers (games, prizes, a dark room filled with jack o'lanterns, and snacks). I love private schools for some things!!!

Here I am in my witch outfit, the green face color looked very bad. I frightened a few of the little first steps kids downstairs (3 year olds) but I think they were just overwhelmed. Our Head of School even made a special appearance dressed as a rabbit! I started to panic a bit when I was washing off the green - it wasn't coming off very well. I really had to scrub with paper towels in the school bathroom. It was everywhere - in my ears, behind my neck, on my shirt! Murilo and I were invited to a dinner at our ex-neighbors garden club and I didn't want to go all "green around the gills." The gal in the middle is Annegret (the first grade teacher from Germany - we went to the soccer game together many months ago) and the gal on the left is Klara (Annegret's classroom assistant who is from Australia and married to a German).

I'm just finishing the last of my fall conference reports and am tired of typing "beginning to contribute to group discussions with confidence." I write a few comments like that then get to the nitty-gritty (will continue to practice using regular and irregular past tense verbs correctly).

Last night, I purchased my allotment of FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 tickets!! We are allowed six but we won't know if we get them until December - our names our placed in a lottery :(. I bought the Frankfurt venue tickets: the final, one semi-final, and two game tickets in one package. I might try to score a couple of the opening match tickets in Berlin but those aren't on sale yet.

Have a Spooktacular Halloween weekend!!

No comments: