I spent the morning in Frankfurt participating on the Frankfurt International School's Race for the Cure team! After a slow start (I couldn't find any of my teammates to get my shirt and number so I re-registered - now I have two shirts), we had a lovely walk together. Jessica, do you see Mrs. Logan?? She says to send you her best!
Even Zizou participated!! He was safely inside his "hund rucksack" so he wouldn't get stepped on as there were 5000 walkers and even more runners! He, as usual, was the big hit. Everyone that walked by commented on the cute dog in the backpack.
My fleece jacket was still covered with cotton candy - I worked at the consulate's Oktoberfest on Saturday making cotton candy at the Girl Scout booth. Actually, I WAS the Girl Scout booth (eventually two mom's showed up to help). It was in my hair and my eyelashes but I'm pretty good at it now!
My fleece jacket was still covered with cotton candy - I worked at the consulate's Oktoberfest on Saturday making cotton candy at the Girl Scout booth. Actually, I WAS the Girl Scout booth (eventually two mom's showed up to help). It was in my hair and my eyelashes but I'm pretty good at it now!
But, I digress:
10:45 - time to get moving! We were in the middle of the 5000 person pack.
On my way back to the UBahn, I finally had a chance to snap a photo of the Bier Bike!! Groups of people rent the bike complete with a bartender. They sit on stools and bicycle through the streets of Frankfurt - all the while drinking their steins of beer! Those Germans, they do know how to have fun (you just have to catch them in the right mood).
I stopped and bought a roasted chicken wrap at the downtown Subway as Zizou and I had not eaten. It was quite comical trying to order the wrap with the chicken on the side (in German) until I said the chicken was for my hund. Then, viola! they totally got it.
If you want more information about the beer bike, translate the following web page on Babel Fish: www.bierbike-frankfurt.de
No comments:
Post a Comment