Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Monday, February 15, 2010

eggless tiramisu

One of the parents made this for the Teacher Appreciation luncheon last week. It was so good that I asked her to send me the recipe! If you are worried about Salmonella, or are allergic to eggs, enjoy!!

Eggless Tiramisu

Mascarpone cheese...250g
Whipping Cream...200ml (nearly 7 oz. or a little over 3/4 cup - you can use anything between 3/4 and 1 cup)
Sugar...30g (I used 1/3 cup and it was sweet enough for me)
Vanilla sugar...1 packet (we don't have this in the States so you can use vanilla if you like - I didn't)
Ladyfingers(Tiramisu Biscuits)...100g (Just buy a package or two)
Espresso(2 instant stickbags)...150ml (I just guess - about 2/3 cup to 1 cup coffee)
Orange liqueur...1Tablespoon (I used about 1/4 to 1/3 cup Bailey's, yummy)
cocoa powder...moderate (just used to sprinkle liberally over the top)

Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan (or smaller) with the ladyfingers (or other type of cookie).
Make the coffee and allow to cool a bit, add liqueur and mix.
Pour 1/2 coffee/liqueur mixture over the cookies (I dip each cookie into the coffee/liqueur instead)
In a bowl, mix together the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until cream is well whipped (not butter)
Add mascarpone cheese mix well until smooth.
Put the half of cream on the biscuits and make it flat.
Line the other half of biscuits on it.
Then, coffee/liqueur. Then, the other 1/2 of the cream.
Put cocoa powder on top of the cream mixture (I use a sieve to sprinkle evenly)
Refrigerate at least one hour.
Makes 4 servings (I think it makes much more!)

1 comment:

Gr8fulTed said...

Hey, you!

Didn't you have another tiramisu recipe?

Ted