Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

and the snow keeps coming

We had our second full snow day today in anticipation for another storm scheduled to hit in the afternoon. It started snowing around noon and hasn't stopped (it is now 6pm). This is the view from our living room window - the car buried in the snow hasn't budged since the snow began two weeks ago. There was another car buried next to it but he finally got out Sunday. It was hilarious watching - he nearly ruined the engine. It took the guy over 30 minutes gunning the car and spinning his tires madly. I don't know why he just didn't dig out - it would have saved the engine a lot of stress!

Another German law I discovered - you can be pulled over and fined if your car is not completely cleared of snow (whilst driving, of course).

Well, my ride is due any minute - another ice hockey game tonight. I should really learn the rules so I can better understand why the fans are throwing chickens (they throw rubber chickens out on the ice when they are upset - but only here in Frankfurt).

3 comments:

Cary Varela said...

If you scroll down to the post from January 12 (I think), you can see the same car early in the snow fall. I guess he plans to leave it till spring!!

Unknown said...

You commented on your own post? Of course. As Bethany would say, "Your crazy Aunt Cary!"

dani said...

Hi Cary!

This is Zeca.........

Is Murilo there now?

We have the city of MAreci's grand father was born.......

It's Villa di villa - MEL - Belluno.

We sow at the google earth map and it's 8 hours from Frankfurt.

We would like know if Murilo can go there and take the papers.......Mareci really want's to go to Italy as soon as possible!

My God, I don't know wat to say!


Thank's Zeca!