Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Sunday, June 6, 2010

konigstein burg

Murilo and I hopped on a bus to Konigstein yesterday to visit an old castle there. I'd heard about it from several people and seen it when the first grade classes visited a dentist nearby. Last June, I told Jessi's dad and step-mother how to get there (from directions I'd been given) and the three of them set off one day to find it. They loved it! I told Murilo that if they could find it, we could too. We had such lovely weather it was a shame to waste it in sitting indoors!

There is a great view of Frankfurt from the highest tower. Whoever built this had an incredible view - which, I believe, was the point of building things up on hills!

After we got home, I jumped in the shower to get ready for dinner with the Szebestas at a Chinese restaurant. Unfortunately, I ended up ruining our perfect day by slipping on shampoo in the shower. Now, my shoulder hurts, my neck is stiff, and I have a humongous bruise on my upper thigh (if you want to see it, I'll email it to you). Sigh!















4 comments:

Unknown said...

The reason that they built castles up on hills was for protection against people who wanted to attack them. With the castle high on a hill it was easier for them to see them coming and the castle would have the advantage. So yes Cary, it was for the view. ;-)

Cary Varela said...

I knew that :)

Unknown said...

Very nice pictures. Since I had a view of Konigstein from Feldburg Mountain last summer, I can put off a trip to the castle when I visit next summer.
I have a nice picture of Konigstein from Feldburg, check it out at my Picasa photos.

Colafina said...

Legal, Cary, belas fotos.
Parece que o Zizu achou um "amiguinho"... rsrsrs
Abs
Alex