Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Monday, February 7, 2011

Quick Update

Jessica bought a 72 VW bug (perfect for her and, her boyfriend can fix them). I'll post a photo IF I EVER GET ONE!! She is applying to attend a Massage Therapy school in Kennewick, WA beginning in September. She is figuring out what she wants to do, I'm happy for her!

Murilo is in Brazil visiting friends and family. He was supposed to be there for most of February, then changed his mind so he could return in time to accompany me to Morocco for ski break (Feb. 20-27) - we are going to visit Jennifer (Yippee). Then, just minutes ago (via Skype), he told me he has decided to leave Brazil tomorrow! He misses me :) He cracks me up!

I'm busy with school and Girl Scouts - just finishing up several projects with my New to English kids (I have 10 this year). They each made a narrated slide show for stories they wrote and illustrated. So funny - I have 8 boys and 2 girls. So far, all the boys have written stories that involve death or violence (except one boy who wrote about Germany and the U.S.A. playing in the final of the world cup - the U.S.A. lost so I told the boy his story was terrible! However, Germany only won because a penguin got the winning goal). In the other stories, people are eaten by crocodiles mostly, although one boy wrote about the Titanic. While he wanted to detail the icy deaths of all the passengers, I talked him down to only illustrating the captain going down with the ship and some children actually living by jumping into a life boat. The one girl who has finished has written a lovely story about two girls who were friends. They played on the swing then they played on the slide. Then, they went in the house and ate an apple and took a nap - The End. I think I prefer crocodiles eating people!! This is the same girl who wags her index finger back and forth and says "No, no, no." Wonder where she learned that - ahem! Today, one boy (whose story only contained a crocodile biting a king, but not eating him), said "What the heck!" Again, wonder where he heard that!!

As soon as I remember to bring my camera home from school I will post some photos from my commando shopping trip to Poland!

No comments: