Everyone here asked if we felt safe in Israel - I can answer wholeheartedly - YES. Of course, things are pretty quiet there right now and Murilo would never have let us go if things were not safe. With security guards and young people in uniform everywhere I felt completely comfortable (boys serve manditory three years in the army while girls serve two years). Seeing guards and hotel security carrying guns didn't really faze me - I remember the first time we went to Mexico and seeing the police carrying big semi automatic weapons. That disturbed me a little.
Now, if there had been any trouble I would have been nervous - even down right scared. I do not know how people cope with the threat of danger every single day. Maybe you get used to it and learn to spot danger signs. Anyway, for those of you thinking the same question - now you know :)
No comments:
Post a Comment