
Jessica had another doctor's appointment this afternoon and I'm more and more disgusted with our insurance provider here! First, they don't cover acupunture so I've been paying for that out of pocket (even though a family practioner is the one providing the service). Second, they don't pay for any over-the-counter drugs even when "prescribed" by the doctor (and the doctor's do that a lot it seems). Third, they don't cover any lab tests so I'm forking out 60 euro today and possibly more (depending on the results of the initial tests). Grrrr! On the brighter side, we now know that Jessica had an over-abundance of fungus in her digestive tract which has caused inflamation and other problems.
The best part of the day was our trip to the doctor's office. Jess and I hopped on the bus but the driver passed the street normally taken on this route. Then, he slammed on the brakes (literally) and shouted "Scheiße!" He normally drives a different route which goes straight on rather than turning left so he just stopped in the road until all the frustrated drivers went around then he started backing up. While cursing "Scheiße, Scheiße, ..." the entire time, he had about 1/2 the bus length to go until he could turn. Suddenly, he just took a hard left driving up over the curb and nearly hitting a tree. He slammed on the brakes again, backed up, hard left again (barely missing the tree), back over the curb on the desired street and we were on our way. It was hysterical!! I kept laughing everytime he cursed. I nearly volunteered to get out and stop traffic for him so he could back up but he was a little wacko!
Good thing no one got hurt because my health insurance probably wouldn't have covered anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment