Here is a statue near the market square that I thought you'd enjoy. There are many little statues tucked away in Oberursel that are only discovered walking through the winding cobblestone streets or walking behind the main shopping streets. This statue is my favorite so far! The woman on the donkey supposedly committed some marital sin (nagging her husband or something equally horrible). So, she had to ride through the streets sitting on the donkey backwards with the jester leading the way.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Jeder Samstag
Every Saturday (just showing off a little German):
Every Saturday I go to the old town in Oberursel to shop at the outdoor market. My usual purchases are fresh eggs and dinkel bread products (from the stand you can see on the end with the little baker guy). The gal who runs this stand is a great business woman. She realized I only bought dinkel (eventually I explained why in very poor German) and the more I buy the more free samples she throws in. She has introduced me to some wonderful dinkel sweet breads like the ones in the picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment