
I just completed my first doll destined for the Kalahari this weekend!! I was working on her during Christmas holidays - which came in handy when we were stuck in Portland those extra days! I joined a knitting class after school whose sole purpose is making these dolls. I made the doll but not the hair and clothes. I just finished her face, necklace and hair bow tonight! Murilo saw her in pieces and thought he had stayed in Brazil too long! He saw only one of the legs - hmmm, I guess if you imagine it separate and turn it upside down, it does look a little
phalic!!! Geez! It is for children!
I included a link to the Kalahari Experience if you are interested in more information. Basically, it is a service program that adults and students from the school participate in and they travel to Africa two times per year to help with different projects in the area.
http://www.fis.edu/podium/default.aspx?t=45068
This was the view on my way to work this morning!
I've got a short list of items to include in upcoming blog entries, so be on the lookout for:
- cigarette machines
- recycling in Germany
- taxes
- dog attack laws
No comments:
Post a Comment