Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey
Friday, April 17, 2009
keep them laughing
Whenever we are with our neighbors, Zizou completely ignores us and is Erich's baby (probably the treats he keeps in his pocket). Last night was the same. As we were walking to our favorite pizzaria I called Zizou but he ran to Erich. I rolled my eyes and said to Vlasta (in German), "When Erich is here, I am not important." Or, that is what I attempted to say. When I got to the word "important" I paused...I don't know the word in German for "important." So, I just gave it the Gringa try - the English word but pronounced differently, louder, and with hand gestures. The Szebestas raised their eyes and choked a little. By this time we were at Del Golfo. I asked the proprietress how to say "importante" in Deutsch (she and her family are from Italy as you may have figured). She told me the word and I conveyed it to Vlasta who promptly started laughing! What I had said earlier was "When Erich is here I am not impotent" - a much different message than what I intended!!! We had fun with that one again this morning (see knodel making below)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment