Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Thursday, July 29, 2010

What do I miss?

We ate lunch today with Ann and John Scheideman, Lorene and the girls (April and Alison), and Ted Viramonte. Ted asked me what I missed most about Germany but I misunderstood :) What he meant was what I missed about here when I'm in Germany! Here was my answer PLUS what I have thought of since:

double acting baking powder
brown sugar (i like to bake)
good Mexican food
people not taking cuts in line
friendly waves and hellos from strangers
driving my car
free wi-fi in restaurants and coffee shops
and mostly, my family and friends here in Oregon :)

Things I like in Germany:

spelt everything available everywhere
Italian pizza/cappuccino/ice cream
Vlasta and Erich
domino nights and raclette with Jo and Peter
seeing new things (especially ancient Roman stuff)
not having to drive and taking the train
recycling just about everything
taking Zizou everywhere except the grocery stores

1 comment:

Gr8fulTed said...

Well, your friends here in the states are happy for you that you are enjoying your job and but wish you could find such satisfaction here at home. It was great to see you!!!!!!!!!!