
In front of the King's Fes palace - very beautiful. And, yes, there were guards! The entire area is roped off but Jennifer said she often sees people posing for photos - but only when the king is not in town. So, we waved our camera at one of guards and he motioned for us to come on in! But, he drew the line when I wanted to take a photo of him!!

Jennifer and Murilo admiring the decor in the local McDonalds. It was amazing!!

The old Jewish quarter of Fes. These people were very well off (near the gold market). The houses all have cedar balconies - some pretty large.

We found the Jewish synagogue by accident. Near the old Jewish quarter and in the Medina, young Moroccan men and boys constantly asked us if we needed a guide, or if we wanted to go to the tannery or, in this case, to the synagogue. We waved them away and told them no. But, then we laughed! We didn't realize we were close to the old synagogue until they asked so we went back and found it on our own!! The woman there told us about the Jewish cemetery and how to find it!! Even Jennifer had not seen these yet :) The cemetery was extremely well maintained and very peaceful. If I lived there, I think I would go once every week or two just to sit quietly and eat lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment