Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Monday, September 6, 2010

Oh, the funny part

When the vet assistant brought out the container of glucosamine, I laughed at how big it was. She pointed out the dosage table on the side of the container and it started at "up to 10 Kg"!! OK, Zizou is only 2.5 Kg!! I told her this and she said I would have to reduce the dose to 1/8 of a measuring spoon. I asked how long this stuff would keep because at that rate, I'd have this container for a looooooong time.

The assistant disappeared into the back to talk to the vet, came out and grabbed a small box on the shelf, then disappeared again. She handed me the box and told me Zizou could take one tablet a day for the stuff intended for CATS!!! Oh, the shame !!! I asked her to lower her voice so his little self esteem would not be crushed. She assured me it was the same as the dog glucosamine and was very concerned that I thought I was being cheated or something.

Sigh, it was a JOKE!! OK - we got it all straightened out. Zizou is lapping up the crushed tablets with his food every morning and hardly even notices it. He has started to purr a bit though :)

No comments: