Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Sunday, September 19, 2010

recent purchases

I bought this at the Lantern Fest in Bad Homberg a few weeks ago. Emma was here and we saw it at night. The next day, after she and Murilo left, I went back and bought it.












I bought this pitcher at the last Oberursel Flea Market. I've been buying fresh flowers from a lady at the Saturday Farmer's Market and displaying them in this. It makes me happy!





I just bought these in a little second hand shop this morning at the Herbsttreiben in Oberursel! No, that is not some form of venereal disease but a fall (Herbst) festival of sorts. There were food and drink stalls everywhere along with items for sale. Plus, all the shops were open downtown (which only happens 3 or 4 Sundays per year).


The table cloth came from a stall at the Farmer's Market (a few weeks ago) - a lady sells linens from France. I would love a woven table cloth but they are huge! I had to settle for a printed one, but it has a great oiled finish. It is super easy to clean but better than plastic.

This was actually a gift!! My friend Vlasta made it for my birthday :) A cake that keeps on giving! I haven't had the heart to take it apart and actually use the towels. It is too cute.

1 comment:

Gr8fulTed said...

Saving the economy one purchase at a time!