Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

going crazy!

Monday after school, I had an appointment at the dentist in Frankfurt. He wanted to fill in three areas that could be potential problems. It all went well - didn't even need drugs! Got home a little late and was tired (this is important later). Around 9pm I remembered I had to represent Girl Scouts at an informational coffee "thing" the next morning at my school. Sigh. I went to work putting together a display of sorts. I ended up emailing a bunch of GS photos to my work address and stuffing my bag with our flag, a couple of GS t-shirts, and a GS scrapbook. I reset my alarm clock for 6am so I'd get to work a bit earlier and get the display put together.

The next morning, I dragged myself out of bed and took a shower. I had to drag Zizou out of bed also and take him down for his morning "constitutional", fed him, fed myself (Zizou was already back in bed), and ran out the door with all my stuff. As I was getting on the train (very pleased with my progress), I noted that it was already getting darker (bummer) and that no one got off the train (which is VERY unusual as I live by a German school and LOTS of kids get off in the morning). I glanced at the station clock and thought "huh?" As the train doors closed behind me, I reexamined my watch - it was 6:40 !!!! Yeah, I was early for work alright - a whole hour early! I got teased about that by all the early birds at work as I beat EVERYONE - even the custodian!

Wait, it gets better!

At 4:20 in the afternoon, I remembered that I had an appt with the eye doctor at 4:30! Crap!! I ran out and managed to catch the 4:30 train but I still had to take Zizou out. I got him and then caught the 4:45 train to downtown Oberursel. I managed to make it to the eye doctor by 5:05 and apologized profusely for being so late (a sin along the magnitude of "thou shalt not kill" in Germany). Near the end of the exam (which was about 90% in German - I THINK I understood everything), the guy left the examination area to get some information for me (he wants me to try some new type of contact lens called multi focal). When he returned he had a funny smile on his face. He informed me that my appointment was actually on Wednesday - not Tuesday! OMG!! I again apologized profusely as he chuckled and told me it was no problem. I was so embarrassed!

I was positive that I was missing Zizou's appointment with the vet - I figured I must have switched them when I wrote them in my calendar. But, no, Zizou's appointment was today - and we made it on time :) Hopefully, this was just a one day 'glitch'!! Aunt Flo came to visit yesterday - it was all HER fault!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Gr8fulTed said...

What??? No drugs??!!!