Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Friday, September 10, 2010

Sample of German driving test

I thought you might like to test your German driving knowledge!! I've broken the test into four categories:
1. Unbelievably Easy (you'd be embarrassed to miss these)
2. Harder questions (better study up on these but will never really need this info)
3. Priority road questions (very important to know here)
4. Questions with a message =) (I find these quite amusing)

Important note: There can be more than one right answer! (tricky!!)

1. Easy Questions - If you have a driver's license from anywhere else in the world, you should be able to figure these out:








































Answers:
19. regular buses (duh)
4. she could turn left and she could turn left without signaling (the audacity)
6. all :)


2. Harder Questions - these are the ones I had to really study and I kept getting the distances and formulas mixed up. In the end, I knew the most important ones. Luckily, they aren't worth as many points (2 or 3 each). I actually missed the one numbered 10 here (I said 5 meters - which is 15 feet! It's higher :).
























Answers:
6. the last one (x3) The formula for the one I mentioned before (when your speed doubles...) is the second one!
29. the first and last ones
10. 15 meters!!! That is 45 feet - dang!


3. Priority Questions - meaning, who has the right of way? The "general rule" here is that people entering from the right have the right of way. HOWEVER, certain signs negate that! These questions are worth the most points on the test (5 pts each).
















































Answers:
17. I have the right of way so the yellow car has to wait!
16a. The first and the last ones are correct - there is a little sign on the right that means I have priority over the next road only.
16b. the last one - I have to wait for the blue car (not special sign giving me priority) but I have right of way over the guy turning left.
See what I mean!!


4. Questions with a message - I think these are funny because the answers they want you to choose are so obvious! The first one here is even a bit "age-ist."


















Answers:
23. I don't think the testers believe young people would EVER drive hesitantly - especially late at night leaving a disco!
11. all - I had two of this type on my test (not this exact one)


So, do you think you are ready to hit the roads in Germany?? I want to go to Cologne and Munich!! I think we will plan a drive along the Rhine River and go visit Cologne for our maiden voyage!! I'm so excited :)

No comments: