Jessica went with the soccer team to Vienna Friday morning and didn't return until Saturday night. Yes, Vienna, Austria!! The girls and boys soccer teams and the volleyball teams took the train to Austria to play the International School of Vienna. Of course, the train ride was 7 1/2 hours each way - much like the LaGrande/ Ontario ordeal - but more romantic sounding.
I went to the montly flea market on Saturday morning and found several things we needed (and a couple things we didn't need). I bought some sheets, a clock, an electric kettle, a fleece jacket for Murilo, some shot glasses and a Japanese robe (I'm sure I'll need it someday - besides it was only 5Euro and was made in Tokyo). Afterwards, I did some much needed grocery shopping - spent 90 Euros and then had to lug it back to the apartment by myself (luckily not very far).
Sunday morning I went on the yearly FIS trek up Taunus Mountain (ahem, hills) to the Fuchstanz or Dancing Foxes (probably named for all those peeing foxes in the area :). It was a perfect day for a long hike - slightly chilly but sunny. About 40 adults, kids, and dogs (yes, Zizou went along) left the primary school at 10 am for the hike. Everyone was worried about Zizou being able to make it but he faired much better than I. He kept running ahead and then running back for me. Towards the end he stopped running back for me and opted to sit and wait for me to catch up :). I'm slow but steady!
My little friend was another purchase at the flea market!! He may be popping up now and again just to keep people on their toes!
I got home at 2:30 and Jessica had a pot of soup started. I made a tray of cheese, crackers, and salami and also a salad and antipasta tray. Then I added an apple/pear crisp. We played host to our upstairs neighbors as a treat for Frau Szebesta's 64th birthday.
Jess and I both fell into bed and slept soundly!!
(Update: We have a bigger refrigerator-delivered Monday after school!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment