Quick story: Before we left Germany I went out with the other first grade teachers for dinner in Frankfurt. On the way home (at 11:30, oh yeah 2330) we were "approached" by a guy at the train station asking for money. He said he only needed 2 or 3 Euros to help him get a hotel room. Everyone tried to look away and ignore the guy but he would not be denied. When he realized we spoke English he became more insistant - in English. When he said his girlfriend kicked him out I couldn't take it anymore! I said "Whoa, maybe she knows something we dont!" Of course, this pissed him off. But, he started pulling things out of his rucksack to trade for some money - cigarettes (sorry I don't smoke), a very frothy CocaCola (um, no thanks), wait - a package of ground beef (tempting, but I don't really know how long you've had that in there). The guy got mad and started cussing at us and flipping us off (hey, that's illegal here!). The fluent German speaker in the group had enough and gave him a good first grade teacher chewing out in German. I guess he told her that he was only frustrated because the Germans don't help him either!! I felt bad but I didn't have cash to give him anyway. He didn't look like he was hurting.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
hackfleisch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cary, I have a problem with my calendar.... it is still December 22 in Madras, and your post says Dec 23. Are you sure you have left Germany yet? Or did you start New Year Celebrations early?
Cheers and welcome back to the states from Lisbet
É isso aí, Murilão!
Vamos trabalhar, o trabalho esquenta o corpo, vamos lá, força!! Cary, dê duro, não afrouxe a corda senão ele toma conta!! :)
Um abraço do
Alex.
PS.: Por aqui, estamos dormindo com as janelas abertas, pelados e sem cobertas!
Post a Comment