Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Sunday, December 28, 2008

domino champion of the universe

We made it to Pendleton the other day and part of the journey was pretty unnerving! The portion of Highway 84 between Troutdale and The Dalles (that had been closed) was particularly rough. After that, there were no problems. As usual, the most dangerous part of the drive were the drivers who were in a hurry and going too fast.

Once in Pendleton we HAD to play dominos!! I only caught Murilo cheating once (of course he blamed it on his poor math skills - yeah right!). Usually, I do OK till the end and then choke. However, I managed to hang on to the lead this time and win the game!! I wasn't overly excited about it or anything :). It's so hard being "the mom" or "the teacher" and showing by example how to be a good winner or loser. With no kids around I was able to gloat and do the "I won, I won, I won" dance until everyone was ready to throw me outside!! Maybe I can convince everyone to play Farkel today if I promise to behave.

No comments: