Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

hot water heater

This is our hot water heater located in the bathroom and more specifically, as you can see, it is in the shower! Cold water is heated by gas (not connected to the location of the unit) as it passes through the unit and then sends the hot water to the faucet that is opened. Or, that is the premise. We have been having "problems" with it since we moved in - the lights flash and nothing works until we reset it. Monday, it went out completely - no hot water at all. The landlord had someone here yesterday and it was up and running by the afternoon - yippee!! Apparently, the electric circuit board was fried but the repairman assured us that it was not due to water getting inside the unit. However, the landlord stopped me in the stairwell and I understood him to mean that the problem WAS water getting inside and causing the damage. I quickly let him know that the repairman said that was not the case!! (or, that is what I think I said :)




"Lady, could you quit taking pictures and let me do my job?" No, he was really nice while mom snapped pics and talked away!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That seems a little dangerous. Can the hot water heater be moved to a different location?

Unknown said...

The water heater broke down again just before Cary left for Rome.
I was able to convey the message to the landlord.
He had another repair guy here who said that the water was seeping in and caused the problem.
The new repairman moved the shower nozzle.
hopefully no more water near the waterheater and I put plastic over the heater just to be safe.
Mom

Jes said...

I am the Bathroom Spirit and if Iiiii were THERE, you may not be experiencing those problems. Serves you right for complaining all this time ")

Cary Varela said...

It had to be fixed again after only one shower. This time they moved the shower head to the opposite side of the window away from the heater. It is ridiculous as the hose comes from the faucet underneath the window and up to the shower head. Whatever! As long as I can still shower - I hate taking baths (all the hair floats around and gets all over me)!!!