Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

new apartment pics












The outside is nothing much to look at - a little run down. But the back area has an enormous cherry tree and we have been stuffing ourselves! I made some cherry/vanilla bread this morning - mmmmmmm. Zizou loves his new freedom to roam outside without a leash and space to play fetch. We are on the first floor (or second floor if you are American)- the shade is part way down to block the afternoon sun. The inside was redone about 3 years ago with laminate flooring (very popular here in Germany) and new kitchen cabinets/ dishwasher/ stove/mini fridge. The large refrigerator in the picture was one of my purchases. In fact, I bought or procured all of the furnishings in these pictures in the days and weeks leading up to the big move. Our ex-neighbors brought over their old TV the other evening along with much needed glassware. They continue to take such good care of us!! The two little bedside cabinets I found outside our old apartment. Once a month, people set out large items for the trash - sometimes there is nice stuff out there! I bought the kitchen table and chairs for $20 from an American couple who are being transferred to Beijing. She bought the set at Target in the states - I just found that amusing to buy something from Target here in Germany :). I calculated that I spent about 2000 Euros furnishing the entire apartment (counting the stuff we bought from IKEA when we first came here, the stuff given to us, and the stuff I bought from people leaving. Sigh, now I can enjoy the extra 500 Euros per month I'm saving on rent!!

No comments: