Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
Bernard Bailey
Saturday, November 1, 2008
ticketed by the train police
Grrrr! Jess spent the night with a friend in Frankfurt and met me at the mall this morning. After too much shopping we headed home. Just two stops from where we disembark a woman (in plain clothes) asked for our tickets - which we had! I bought a monthly pass for Oberursel which is good for two people on the weekends AND we bought the extension ticket from Frankfurt to Oberursel. We were originally told that one extension ticket was OK with the monthly pass (on the weekend only - otherwise you must buy TWO extension tickets). However, the gestapo lady and her friends (ends up there were four of them altogether) said "Nein." We must have two extension tickets even with the monthly pass and even on the weekends. They gave us a 40 Euro ticket!! Here we were trying to do the right thing and they wouldn't even give us credit for that - they just treated us like we were trying to cheat and not buy a ticket at all. I'm was too nice - I should have raised a stink. But, I kept thinking I didn't want them to think all Americans are obnoxious. Crap! Now I'm just ticked off about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Even if you were right they still would of found you guilty. Getting mad at them and fighting back will do you no good. It will just make it worse. Just be thankful it is only 40 bucks.
That is a sad story. I hope it wasn't a con job - I assume the ticket looked authentic and didn't address a local post office box. It just sounds a tad suspicious with the plain-clothes woman and that there were FOUR of them. We call our local train the "crime-line" so I'm suspicious around public transportation, especially for elderly (borderline myself) and non-locals.
Post a Comment