The first week of school has been a nerve-wracking or exciting experience, or both. After hearing the words "International School", "Head of State Department's children", and "globe trotting" everything led me to believe that I would need to be some sort of well-rounded prodigy to ever make it in the world of FIS. Since last week, I've realized that most of the high schoolers are just normal Joes who happen to have much more money than I, and that the only difference between FIS and publik school is the amount of work in each class as well as the drive that every student has to succeed(sometimes not so obvious). Apparently the German school system is a trashy joke. So we're all lucky to have such a wonderful opportunity in life.
I am most excited for my only art-related elective, Music. It includes theory, among other things that aren't familiar yet. The class just started composing on Wed. and will need to be done with at least three compositions by the end of the year. Every class is difficult but is also manageable.
Soccer try-outs started as well, no doubt mummy has mentioned. They're rough, tough, and everything else soccer should be. Lucky for the team, every muscle in our bodies ache, I can safely say for most. And we've had the whole weekend to recover from two days!
Well, that's all I'm allowed to say. So ta-ta.
Peace ~Jes
No comments:
Post a Comment