Today has been much more relaxed. We were given time to work in our rooms but I had permission to attend the second day of orientation with Jess as Murilo isn't feeling well. I got her started and then went over to deal with the business department: turn in more receipts for reimbursement, check on the status of our boxes (still stuck in customs but getting closer), check on the status of our phone and internet connection (apparently I threw away an important piece of mail that looked like an advertisement but was in actuality a notice that I had a parcel at the post office - our DSL box), and try once again to get Murilo added to my health insurance (no way - IF he didn't work at all I could have him added, if he worked in Germany he would get his own insurance, but because he works - just not in Germany - he doesn't qualify so he will have to go through Continental).
After lunch, Jessica (finished with orientation) found me and asked to take the train into Oberursel with a new friend (daughter of another teacher). She is already making friends!! I have been meeting and talking to more teachers and have more time to work in my room this afternoon. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do really but I get to relax a little at least. I did meet with the head of my grade level and know what the first unit of study is for the year "Taking Care of Ourselves" - I should learn a lot :) Oh yeah, I'm one of the teachers!!! I discovered there are actually six first grade teachers here and, as one of two ESL teachers assigned to first grade, will work with three of them. I've met two so far and they are fabulous. They want me to come in and feel comfortable teaching the entire class if I want and one sounds like a math guru. I'm excited to work with them!
I promise to post pictures as soon as we have internet at home. I feel a little awkward updating this at work and wouldn't feel comfortable downloading pictures here. As soon as we have the phone hooked up I'll make some calls!! We got a pretty good deal - 40 Euros per month for phone and DSL and an extra 4 Euros for UNLIMITED calls to the U.S., Canada, and the EU. And, for an extra Euro per month - unlimited calls to Brazil!
Cheers!
2 comments:
IKEA is not a favorite store of mine yet, although I wanted that pan!!!!
What a deal for telephone and internet.
This blogspot is working out very nicely. We get a great daily update, I like it.
I wasn't feeling too good Monday(birthday), but after figuaring out what might have been causing my allergy attack and Dr.Cindy's cure, I am feeling better this
AM. I think it was the Catnip toy that I got at Portland's Saturday
Market.
I hope Mu gets to feeling better before going back to work.
Take to all. Love you
Cary thanks for being so diligent about the updates. Your great adventure sounds like Kismet! Everyone there at the school and in the hood, except for IKEA, sounds great! Send me a seperate email with the cell phone, home phone info when available.
Jessica, I love you!
Post a Comment